Are you a future leader who is already experienced in your chosen profession and would like to further develop your career with a postgraduate course in the UK? Then the Chevening Scholarship could be right for you.
WHAT IS THE CHEVENING SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME?
The Chevening Scholarship Programme is a prestigious awards scheme that funds international postgraduate students who want to study in the UK for one academic year.
Funded by the UK’s Foreign and Commonwealth Office and administered by the British Council, the scheme operates in over 150 countries and annually provides funding for over 2,300 scholars.
WHY SHOULD I CHOOSE A CHEVENING SCHOLARSHIP?
This is a prestigious award that gives you the chance to experience a world-renowned educational system. In addition, it provides you with the opportunity to experience UK life and meet other Chevening scholars. Once you become a Chevening scholar, you will discover a lot of opportunities to develop your career and become a future leader in your field. Hear from the Chevening scholars themselves.
WHO CAN APPLY?
You can apply for a Chevening scholarship if:
- You are a postgraduate student who can prove your academic success and who has already begun a career in your chosen field.
- You you have between two and five years working experience (depending on the country you are applying in), with an excellent track record illustrating your achievements and your potential to use the skills gained during your scholarship to make a difference in your country.
- You have achieved an excellent mark for you undergraduate degree and can provide a transcript of your academic record. Specific academic requirements are available from the British Council offices in your country.
- You are 21 years or older (there are upper age limits for specific countries so please ensure you check this during your applications process).
- You are a resident in your country when you apply and provide your birth certificate (with translation).
- You must have good English language skills (most UK Higher Education institutions require a minimum IELTS of 6.5for admission into postgraduate courses).
WHEN TO APPLY ?
Applications are only open at certain times of the year and differ per country. The dates will be advertised here on this site and/or in the local newspapers.
WHICH COUNTRIES ARE OPEN?
Country Closing Date
Botswana 14 December 2011
Nigeria 06 January 2012
Ethiopia 15 January 2012
South Africa 18 January 2012
Uganda 23 January 2012
WHAT ARE THE AREAS OF STUDY?
Applicants will normally be selected from those who wish to take courses in:
Although applicants for other courses (as varied as counter-terrorism, religion and energy/climate change) may be considered. You are expected to show a commitment to return to your country, where you will contribute to the country’s socio-economic development using the new skills and knowledge acquired during your stay in the UK.
HOW TO APPLY?
You will need to submit the following documents to us when the application season is open:
Complete the application online
Birth certificate (with translation).
Supporting letters from two referees.
Photocopies of academic certificates.
Transcript/record of exams that you have passed.
I HAVE MORE QUESTIONS, WHO SHOULD I ASK?
If your questions are not covered here, please have a look at the Chevening website. You can also join the Chevening Facebook page. If you are still not satisfied by the answers; contact the British Council office close to you.
For over 5 years ediaro.com (a member of Fladio International Nigeria Limited) has provided web solutions and advertising for public and private sectors. Our main division is Computer and Information Technology. Thanks to our flexible approach towards the development of new solutions, we have often been at the inception of digital revolution and incorporating the most recent technologies. When you partner with ediaro.com, you are associating with one of Africa’s best company for your ICT needs, we are the 1st Nigerian Company listed on the Economic Community for West African States (ECOWAS) ECOBIZ computer session in 2010. Focusing on quality, reliability and design of our products and services has brought us customers and partnership with local and Multinational Companies such as United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA), Interswitch Limited, Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc among others. Our current customer portfolio covers individuals, companies and Government agencies across the globe including Nigeria, India, United Kingdom, Mozambique and United States of America.