Chevron Nigeria Limited is recruiting for Facilities Engineer (Instrumentation and Control). Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies, with subsidiaries that conduct business worldwide, including Nigeria.
Come be a part of a dynamic team in one of Chevron’s largest exploration and production companies and one of Africa’s most prolific oil-producing countries.
Chevron has been active in Nigeria since 1913, when legacy company Texaco products were first brought to the market. As Texaco Overseas (Nigeria) Petroleum Co. (TOPCON) and later Chevron Nigeria Ltd. (CNL), the company discovered Nigeria’s first offshore oil fields in 1963-the Koluama and Okan fields.
In 1997 CNL started the Escravos Gas Project (EGP), the nation’s first major project to gather and process natural gas. Continuing the search for offshore oil, CNL discovered the Agbami field in 1999 and uncovered potential recoverable resources of 900 million barrels of oil equivalent, Nigeria’s largest ever deepwater discovery.
Today Chevron has the largest acreage position in deepwater offshore Nigeria and owns and operates more than 300 Texaco-branded service stations, blending and manufacturing facilities and marketing activities. CNL is expanding rapidly and investing significant capital to drive long-term production growth in Deepwater and Gas, as well as other base businesses. At the same time, Chevron is committed to actively promoting a safe and healthy environment.
Job Title: Facilities Engineer (Process/Chemical) – Graduate Level
- Understanding and capability to apply chemical engineering principles of heat, mass and momentum transfer in the design of typical production gathering, treatment and fluid transport systems and equipment including separators, flares, pumps and gas compressors.
- Working knowledge of organic and inorganic chemstry including reaction engineering.
- Basic understanding of corrosion/erosion mehanisms.
- A working knowledge of oilfield industrial treatment chemicals commonly used incrude oil processing and produced water treatment
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of Second Class Upper Division in Chemical Engineering or Second Class Lower Division with Masters or Doctorate in Chemical or Process Engineering
- Moderate HYSYS and PIPEPHASE simulation skills
- Ability to interpret Piping and Instrumentation Drawing (P&ID), Process Flow Diagram (PFD) and Safety Analysis Function Evaluation (SAFE) charts
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
- One (1) – Five (5) years post degree (includes National Youth Service) experience
Application Deadline: June 10, 2012
Job Status: fulltime
For over 5 years ediaro.com (a member of Fladio International Nigeria Limited) has provided web solutions and advertising for public and private sectors. Our main division is Computer and Information Technology. Thanks to our flexible approach towards the development of new solutions, we have often been at the inception of digital revolution and incorporating the most recent technologies. When you partner with ediaro.com, you are associating with one of Africa’s best company for your ICT needs, we are the 1st Nigerian Company listed on the Economic Community for West African States (ECOWAS) ECOBIZ computer session in 2010. Focusing on quality, reliability and design of our products and services has brought us customers and partnership with local and Multinational Companies such as United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA), Interswitch Limited, Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc among others. Our current customer portfolio covers individuals, companies and Government agencies across the globe including Nigeria, India, United Kingdom, Mozambique and United States of America.