Velour is a knitted fabric, allowing it to stretch. It combines the stretchy properties of knits, often containing spandex with the rich appearance and feel of velvet.When used as upholstery, velour often is substituted for velvet. The velvety appearance of velour makes it an elegant, beautiful choice for upholstery. However, it requires care to keep it looking beautiful and luxurious.
Here are some ediaro Automobile hints and tips steps to maintain your upholstery and enhance its features.
You Will Need:
- Soft brush
- Vacuum with brush attachment
- Mild liquid soap (Ex: Woolite Upholstery Soap or mild dish soap)
- Muslin fabric
- Suede brush
Steps to Clean the Upholstery:
- Begin by removing as much dirt as possible by brushing it away.
- A vacuum cleaner with a brush attachment can be used to remove loose dust and dirt particles.
- Fill a bucket with warm water.
- Add a small amount of soap and stir the water. Do not agitate the water to form suds, just mix in the soap gently. Add a few drops of household ammonia for extra cleaning power if needed.
- Muslin fabric is a special type of material and is gentle to keep from damaging the soft fibers of the velour.
- Dip the fabric piece into the soapy water and wring it out completely. Excess water will not yield good results, so wring it out until it is just slightly damp.
- Rub the moistened cloth over the surface of the upholstery. Use a back and forth motion as you are cleaning.
- Repeat as necessary until the surface is clean.
- Change the cloth and water as necessary to keep working with clean materials.
- Once the surface is clean allow it to dry completely.
- Brush the surface with a suede brush to restore the soft texture.
Additional Tips and Advice
- Do not clean velour with high heat cleaners, such as steam cleaners. The heat can damage the material and cause discoloration.
- Velour is a sensitive fabric and is often best left to professionals. If your piece is very soiled or you just don’t want to risk damaging the surface, hire a professional who is experienced with velour.
- When choosing a liquid soap, avoid those with added color. A clear soap is the best option.
For over 5 years ediaro.com (a member of Fladio International Nigeria Limited) has provided web solutions and advertising for public and private sectors. Our main division is Computer and Information Technology. Thanks to our flexible approach towards the development of new solutions, we have often been at the inception of digital revolution and incorporating the most recent technologies. When you partner with ediaro.com, you are associating with one of Africa’s best company for your ICT needs, we are the 1st Nigerian Company listed on the Economic Community for West African States (ECOWAS) ECOBIZ computer session in 2010. Focusing on quality, reliability and design of our products and services has brought us customers and partnership with local and Multinational Companies such as United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA), Interswitch Limited, Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc among others. Our current customer portfolio covers individuals, companies and Government agencies across the globe including Nigeria, India, United Kingdom, Mozambique and United States of America.