Spam messages are getting on the rise with the expansion of ecommerce and Social media. A spam is an irrelevant or unsolicited messages sent over the Internet, typically to large numbers of users, for the purposes of advertising, phishing, spreading malware, etc.
There are many things you can do to minimize this on free email services. But when you host your personal/corporate website on Cpanel, the spam management is quiet narrowed down to you. A software like SpamAssassin can be very helpful in mitigating such spammy emails when you experience this challenge.
SpamAssassin is an Open Source anti-spam platform giving system administrators a filter to classify email and block spam (unsolicited bulk email). It uses a robust scoring framework and plug-ins to integrate a wide range of advanced heuristic and statistical analysis tests on email headers and body text including text analysis, Bayesian filtering, DNS blocklists, and collaborative filtering databases.
To enable SpamAssassin in cPanel, follow these steps:
- In the Mail section of the cPanel home screen, click Spam Assassin™.
- Click .
- To enable auto-deletion of spam messages, select a score level under Filters, and then click . Alternatively, to disable auto-deletion of spam messages, click .
In the score text boxes, you can assign scores to specific tests that SpamAssassin uses to examine incoming messages.
- In the blacklist_from text boxes, you can specify e-mail addresses that are known spammers.
- In the whitelist_from text boxes, you can specify e-mail addresses that are trusted senders.
- To save the new configuration, click