HELENA – an investment in the future: The Graduate School Environmental Health serves as an ideal career springboard through excellent research, training and networks.
Today’s doctoral students are our future leaders – in research, clinical work, industry and management. In order to ensure optimal promotion, Helmholtz Zentrum München – together with Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität Munich (LMU) and Technische Universität München (TUM) – opened the first Helmholtz Graduate School of Environmental Health (HELENA) on November 1, 2010.
HELENA qualifies a new generation of internationally competitive graduate students in the field of environmental health research. The interdisciplinary education within HELENA prepares the graduate students to fill lead positions in research, management, industry and administration.
PhD Projects – Job Offer
Thank you very much for your interest in a graduate student position within our HELENA Graduate School. From February 23 – May 6, 2012 we will have an international call for PhD positions here at this site:
As German Research Center for Environmental Health, Helmholtz Zentrum München pursues the goal of developing personalized medical approaches for the prevention and therapy of major common diseases such as diabetes mellitus and lung diseases. Helmholtz Zentrum München is a member of the Helmholtz Association, Germany’s largest scientific organization.
The International Helmholtz Graduate School Environmental Health (HELENA) is a joint initiative for the promotion of doctoral students of the Helmholtz Zentrum Muenchen – German Research Center for Environmental Health, the Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München (LMU) and the Technische Universität München (TUM).
PhD Projects within the International Helmholtz Graduate School Environmental Health (HELENA) – life sciences m/f
The detection of health risks for both humans and the environment, decoding the mechanisms of pathogenesis and developing concepts for prevention and therapy of diseases.
The HELENA Graduate School offers PhD projects in the following are
- Diabetes and Lung Biology
- Neuro and Stem Cell Biology
- Infection, Immune and Tumor Biology
- Epidemiology, Health Economics and Human Genetics
- Radiation Research
- Ecosystems Biology
- Systems Biology, Biomedical Imaging and Structural Biology
- Highly qualified and motivated students from all nationalities with a genuine interest in basic and translational research are invited to apply
- Applicants should hold a MSc or equivalent degree in biological sciences, chemistry bioinformatics, physics, mathematics, veterinary or human medicine or related life sciences
- Doctoral work in interdisciplinary research teams at one of the leading Centers for environmental health research
- Membership within an international Graduate School
- Translational projects with close links between basic and clinical research
- Access to state-of-the-art platforms and training in the latest technologies
- Networking on an international scale, with financial support for attending conferences and for research stays at other institutions
- Intensive guidance and mentoring by a personal Thesis Committee
- Individual career promotion and training in management, leadership and communication
- Initial short-term employment contract for three years and a standard public service salary (TVÖD)
The Helmholtz Zentrum München as holder of the Bavarian Advancement of Women Prize and of the Total E-Quality Certificate is striving to increase the overall proportion of women on its staff and thus expressly urges qualified women to apply.
Helmholtz Zentrum München – German Research Center for Environmental Health (GmbH)
Department of Program Planning and Management
Ingolstädter Landstr. 1
D-85764 Neuherberg, Germany
For over 5 years ediaro.com (a member of Fladio International Nigeria Limited) has provided web solutions and advertising for public and private sectors. Our main division is Computer and Information Technology. Thanks to our flexible approach towards the development of new solutions, we have often been at the inception of digital revolution and incorporating the most recent technologies. When you partner with ediaro.com, you are associating with one of Africa’s best company for your ICT needs, we are the 1st Nigerian Company listed on the Economic Community for West African States (ECOWAS) ECOBIZ computer session in 2010. Focusing on quality, reliability and design of our products and services has brought us customers and partnership with local and Multinational Companies such as United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA), Interswitch Limited, Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc among others. Our current customer portfolio covers individuals, companies and Government agencies across the globe including Nigeria, India, United Kingdom, Mozambique and United States of America.