UNICEF Nigeria seeks the services of a Programme Assistant who will under the close supervision and technical guidance of the supervisor carry out programme support functions pertaining to activities of the specific programme area and section in Abuja.
Progamme Assistant, GS5, Abuja
Post Title: Programme Assistant, GS 5
Vacancy Number: VN-NGR-15-2012
Deadline for applications: 6 March, 2012
The successful candidate will be expected to carry out the following duties:
1. Arrange for review, recording and administrative processing of government requests for assistance in Vision and follow-up of process. Track and ensure timely processing and retirement of Direct Cash Transfers to partners, verify accuracy of computation, authenticity and completeness of documents and that they meet the acceptable accounting standards. Liaise with finance section and counterparts to resolve bottlenecks. Perform system operations such as drafting Payment Requisitions, Contract Requisitions, Supply Requisition) etc
2. Maintain, log, file and update records in prescribed format for subsequent use. Monitor programme supplies; assist in reviewing a variety of records. Prepare periodic reports required for programme management and monitoring.
3. Process and examine information and data in accordance with instructions received, making necessary abstracts, computations.
4. Maintain and keep current registers and control plans on the status of projects at the formulation, implementation and operational stages. Prepare background material, working papers and tables for briefing and review sessions
5. Collect, register and maintain information on programme activities by reviewing reports & contribute to the preparation of status, progress and other variety of records.
6. Summarize information reflecting current obligations and future programme and/or budgetary implications. Participate in the preparation/dissemination of Annual Work Plans and office work-plan, quarterly work-plans and achievement report. Draft relevant sections (implementation status) of donor, annual and other reports required in the section.
7. May be required to carry out specific operational/control tasks for programme/project implementation.
8. Assist in the preparation of training and workshop materials. Draft allocation and release letters for supply items and participate in monitoring supplies and cash assistance. Responsible for making logistics and travel arrangements for the section events.
Minimum qualification and competencies:
? Completion of secondary education.
? Five years of office experience in administrative or accounting or financial duties, of which at least one year is in support of programme activities.
? Very good knowledge of English. Knowledge of one or other UN working languages, an asset.
? Computer literacy with database management skills.
? Ability to extract and format data, keep records and process information quickly and accurately.
? Good communication skills ? Analyzing skills and Planning and organizing.
? Drive for result and ability to work well with people particularly in a multicultural setting
? Following instructions and procedures.
? Initiative, passion and commitment to UNICEF’s mission and professional values.
Method of Applicaation
If you are interested in the position and meet the requirements, please send cover letter (one page summary statement that describes how your experience and qualification relate to the job description) and a scanned/PDF copy of the completed and signed UN Personal History Form (which can be downloaded here)
to email@example.com by close of business Tuesday, 6 March, 2012.
Please put the position title you are applying for on the subject line of your email.
UNICEF, a smoke-free environment, is committed to gender equality in its mandate and its staff. Well qualified candidates, particularly women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
For over 5 years ediaro.com (a member of Fladio International Nigeria Limited) has provided web solutions and advertising for public and private sectors. Our main division is Computer and Information Technology. Thanks to our flexible approach towards the development of new solutions, we have often been at the inception of digital revolution and incorporating the most recent technologies. When you partner with ediaro.com, you are associating with one of Africa’s best company for your ICT needs, we are the 1st Nigerian Company listed on the Economic Community for West African States (ECOWAS) ECOBIZ computer session in 2010. Focusing on quality, reliability and design of our products and services has brought us customers and partnership with local and Multinational Companies such as United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA), Interswitch Limited, Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc among others. Our current customer portfolio covers individuals, companies and Government agencies across the globe including Nigeria, India, United Kingdom, Mozambique and United States of America.