Cardiff University, UK Scholarships for International Students
Cardiff University is recognised in independent government assessments as one of Britain’s leading teaching and research universities.
Founded by Royal Charter in 1883, the University today combines impressive modern facilities and a dynamic approach to teaching and research with its proud heritage of service and achievement.
In 2005, the title ‘Cardiff University’ and a new Supplemental Charter was formally granted to the University by the Privy Council on behalf of Her Majesty the Queen, meaning that Cardiff became a university in its own right, fully independent of the University of Wales. Cardiff University admits students to courses leading to Cardiff University degrees.
The University’s breadth of expertise in research and research-led teaching encompasses: the humanities; the natural, physical, health, life and social sciences; engineering and technology; preparation for a wide range of professions; and a longstanding commitment to lifelong learning. The University is also home to three major new Research Institutes, offering radical new approaches to neurosciences and mental health, cancer stem cells and sustainable places.
From its outstanding central location amidst the parks, Portland-stone buildings and tree-lined avenues that form the city’s elegant civic centre, the University’s students and staff are drawn from throughout the world, attracted by its international reputation and commitment to innovation and excellence in all areas of activity. Cardiff is a member of the Russell Group of Britain’s leading research universities.
Having gained national and international standing, Cardiff University’s vision is to be recognised as a world-leading university and to achieve the associated benefits for its students, staff and all other stakeholders.
The student population is drawn from a variety of backgrounds, with students attracted from throughout Wales, the rest of the UK and world-wide. International students comprise some 17 per cent of the total student population. Government performance indicators show that our students are more likely to succeed in their studies, with first-year completion rates considerably higher than national averages and also higher than some similar universities.
Many of the University’s degree schemes provide partial or complete exemption from relevant professional examinations and more than forty schemes of study benefit from accreditation and input from professional bodies. More than twenty per cent of Cardiff University students pursue postgraduate study.
Promoting health and welfare with special reference to the needs of Wales is an important role of the University and one which is fulfilled via a strongly inter-disciplinary and multi-partnership approach. Central among our partners in this all-Wales role is the National Health Service (NHS) in Wales, with which the University is linked at all levels.
International scholarships – eligibility criteria and application form
Cardiff University International Scholarships application form and criteria are for the following scholarships only:
- Vice Chancellor’s Honorary International Scholarships [more about this]
- Cardiff University Undergraduate International Scholarships [more about this]
- Cardiff University Country-specific Undergraduate Scholarships [more about this]
- Cardiff University USA Alumni Scholarship [more about this]
- Cardiff University Postgraduate (Taught) International Scholarships [more about this]
- Cardiff University Postgraduate (Research) International Scholarships [more about this]
|You only need to complete one application form and you will be considered for all the above scholarships for which you are eligible. Please do not complete multiple application forms.|
If you wish to apply for a subject-specific scholarship (e.g.: Business, Engineering, etc), or a scholarship offered in association with a partner organisation (e.g.: Commonwealth, Chevening etc), please refer to the appropriate section on the website. This is not the correct application form or eligibility criteria.
- You must be confirmed as an Overseas Student for fee paying purposes (this information is contained in your offer letter).
- Applicants for an International Foundation Programme, Postgraduate Taught or Postgraduate Research scholarship: You must have accepted an unconditional offer of a place to study at Cardiff University for the 2012/13 academic year by Midnight (UK time) Sunday, 15th July 2012.
- Applicants for an Undergraduate scholarship: You must have either a conditional or unconditional offer and must have accepted Cardiff University as your Firm choice on the UCAS system, for study during the 2012/13 academic year, by Midnight (UK time) Sunday, 15th July 2012.
- Students with offers to study a Distance Learning course are not eligible to apply.
- You must complete the application form and personal statement as directed. Incomplete forms will not be considered.
- You must return the application form by the deadline: Midnight (UK time) Sunday, 15th July 2012. Applications received after this date will not be accepted.
- Scholarships are to be used for academic year 2012/3 only and cannot be used for 2013/14 entry. If you are awarded a scholarship and wish to defer your entry to the University, you will lose your scholarship and will need to re-apply again in the following year.
- These scholarships are only available to self-funded students. Students who are in receipt of full funding from a sponsorship body (such as their home country’s government or a private organisation) are not eligible to apply.
If you are not sure about your eligibility, please contact the International Office email@example.com
Application form and guidance notes
About ediaro. com
For over 5 years ediaro.com (a member of Fladio International Nigeria Limited) has provided web solutions and advertising for public and private sectors. Our main division is Computer and Information Technology. Thanks to our flexible approach towards the development of new solutions, we have often been at the inception of digital revolution and incorporating the most recent technologies. When you partner with ediaro.com, you are associating with one of Africa's best company for your ICT needs, we are the 1st Nigerian Company listed on the Economic Community for West African States (ECOWAS) ECOBIZ computer session in 2010. Focusing on quality, reliability and design of our products and services has brought us customers and partnership with local and Multinational Companies such as United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA), Interswitch Limited, Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc among others. Our current customer portfolio covers individuals, companies and Government agencies across the globe including Nigeria, India, United Kingdom, Mozambique and United States of America.