Construction Site Safety Tips 2
- Keep your mind on your work at all times. No horseplay on the job. Injury or termination or both can be the result.
- Personal safety equipment must be worn as prescribed for each job, such as: safety glasses for eye protection, hard hats at all times within the confines of the construction area where there is a potential for falling materials or tools, gloves when handling materials, and safety shoes are necessary for protection against foot injuries.
- Precautions are necessary to prevent sunburn and to protect against burns from hot materials.
- If any part of your body should come in contact with an acid or caustic substance, rush to the nearest water available and flush the affected part. Secure medical aid immediately.
- Watch where you are walking. Don’t run.
- The use of illegal drugs or alcohol or being under the influence of the same on the project shall be cause for termination. Inform your supervisor if taking strong prescription drugs that warn against driving or using machinery.
- Do not distract the attention of fellow workers. Do no engage in any act which would endanger another employee.
- Sanitation facilities are sometimes/mostly provided for your use. Do not Deface or damage these facilities.
- A good job is a clean job, and a clean job is the start of a safe job. So keep your working area free from rubbish and debris.
- Ladders must extend three feet above landing on roof for proper use.
- Defective ladders must be properly tagged and removed from service.
- Keep ladder bases free of debris, hoses, wires, materials, etc.
- Build scaffolds according to manufacturers’ recommendations and Construction Safety Standard – Scaffolding.
- Scaffold planks should be properly lapped, cleated or otherwise secured to prevent shifting.
- Use only extension cords of the three-prong type. Use ground fault circuit interrupters at all times and when using tools in wet atmosphere (e.g. outdoors) or with any temporary power supply. Check the electrical grounding system daily.
- The use of harnesses with safety lines when working from unprotected high places is mandatory. Always keep your line as tight as possible.
- Never throw anything “overboard.” Someone passing below may be seriously injured.
- Open fires are prohibited.
- Emergency procedures should be established for your job site. (location of emergency phone, first aid kit, stretcher location, fire extinguisher locations, evacuation plan, etc.)
- Never enter a manhole, well, shaft, tunnel or other confined space which could possibly have a non-respirable atmosphere because of lack of oxygen, or presence of toxic or flammable gas, or has a possibility of engulfment by solids or liquids. Make certain a qualified person tests the confined area with an appropriate detector before entry, that the necessary safety equipment is worn. Standby person may be required to be stationed at the entrance.
About ediaro. com
For over 5 years ediaro.com (a member of Fladio International Nigeria Limited) has provided web solutions and advertising for public and private sectors. Our main division is Computer and Information Technology. Thanks to our flexible approach towards the development of new solutions, we have often been at the inception of digital revolution and incorporating the most recent technologies. When you partner with ediaro.com, you are associating with one of Africa's best company for your ICT needs, we are the 1st Nigerian Company listed on the Economic Community for West African States (ECOWAS) ECOBIZ computer session in 2010. Focusing on quality, reliability and design of our products and services has brought us customers and partnership with local and Multinational Companies such as United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA), Interswitch Limited, Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc among others. Our current customer portfolio covers individuals, companies and Government agencies across the globe including Nigeria, India, United Kingdom, Mozambique and United States of America.