Customs & Compliance Leader, Europe & Africa Job at GE Oil & Gas
- Provide advice and project leadership in the development and implementation of Customs regulations, and other government agency requirements affecting imports in the region, for purposes of assuring lawful and cost-effective import operations.
- Interface with global suppliers and customers to communicate and implement Customs requirements.
- Translate into customs operating procedures customs requirements applying into the region.
- Interview and select national Customhouse brokers.
- Manage brokers to facilitate compliant Customs entry declarations on behalf of business; audit broker’s operation for compliance and integrity on behalf of business divisions.
- Lead execution of complex customs import transactions into African countries to guarantee on time delivery and overall client satisfaction.
- Monitor regulatory changes affecting Customs requirements into the region and translate changes into operational procedures. Conduct training as required for company employees in the region.
- Act as first point of contact in the region to escalate Customs red flag.
- Cooperate with International Trade Team in the resolution of customs compliance red flags, customs audits, customs internal reviews.
- Identify opportunities for Customs duty/tax reduction in the region and lead the implementation of customs programs such as Authorized Economic Operator (AEO), centralized customs clearance, simplified procedures, customs regimes etc.
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of strong experience in Customs Operations in Europe & Africa with particular focus on African Countries (Angola, Nigeria and Egypt)
- Previous Project management experience with a demonstrated ability to lead implementation of complex project as well as manage teams effectively.
- Demonstrated aptitude both managing and prioritizing multiple project and initiatives.
- Excellent communication skills: experience working across multiple levels functions: able to deliver messages effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to communicate using English
- Must be willing to travel
- Ability to work in a very fast paced environment
- Strong PC skills with working knowledge of MS Office applications (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint)
- Customs Compliance experience
- Proven track record of success implementing complex project in the region
- In country customs operational experience in one of the African Country such as Nigeria, Angola
- Strong organizational, inter-personal skill and demonstrated teamwork skill.
- Ability to work within a matrix organizational environment
- Dependability: Being reliable, responsible, dedicated, committed and fulfilling obligations
- Accepting constructive criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high-stress situation, This includes continuing to preserve and remaining calm in a challenging or frustrating circumstances
- Integrity: Accepting and adhering to high ethical, moral, and personal values in decisions, communications, actions, and when dealing with others.
- Clear Thinking: Simplifying strategy into specific action with clear accountability, making decisions with speed and accuracy based on the vest available information, and communicating clearly and concisely
About ediaro. com
For over 5 years ediaro.com (a member of Fladio International Nigeria Limited) has provided web solutions and advertising for public and private sectors. Our main division is Computer and Information Technology. Thanks to our flexible approach towards the development of new solutions, we have often been at the inception of digital revolution and incorporating the most recent technologies. When you partner with ediaro.com, you are associating with one of Africa's best company for your ICT needs, we are the 1st Nigerian Company listed on the Economic Community for West African States (ECOWAS) ECOBIZ computer session in 2010. Focusing on quality, reliability and design of our products and services has brought us customers and partnership with local and Multinational Companies such as United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA), Interswitch Limited, Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc among others. Our current customer portfolio covers individuals, companies and Government agencies across the globe including Nigeria, India, United Kingdom, Mozambique and United States of America.