How Merchants can Identify online Fraud Patterns
With the Introduction of the cashless society into the Nigeria Society, many merchants are now setting up online e-commerce websites selling locally and internationally, infact we at ediaro.com saw an increase in our customer we develop e-commerce website for. Having an online stores has its benefits ranging from wider customer base, instantly selling to the global markets, marketing your products and brand among others. Unfortunately, the high risk of internet fraud and cybercrime is a serious problem that must be tackled simultaneously; as we often advice and support all our customers we develop websites for.
Find below, ediaro.com safety tips, By Abdulazeez Idiaro – you can use them to Identify online debit/credit can fraud as a merchant. It’s important to watch for this common signs of fraud. Though the circumstances below often apply to honest customers too, they can also be indicators of illegal activity.
Pay Extra-Diligence to orders that are:
- Unusually very large beyond reasonable doubt.
- Shipping to an address that is different from the billing address
- Shipping to countries you don’t normally ship to especially the “High risk areas”.
- Shipping multiple identical items to the same person/at the same time.
- Unable to pass an address verification process
- Orders that looks extra-ordinary in any way
Pay closer attention to customers who:
- Use an anonymous/free email address
- Supply a non-existent or under-construction website address
- Use a non available, disconnected or changed telephone number
- Supply a fake-sounding physical address (such as 123 Right Street)
- A order to a post office box
- Want shipping as quickly as possible at any price
- Do not pass credit or identity checks
- Don’t make immediate full payment
- First time buyers
Pay closer attention to credit card numbers that:
- Generate multiple orders over a short time span, especially if each order ships to a different address
- Are one of several card numbers shipping to the same address
If you’d like to receive more articles, sign up for ediaro.com newsletter athttp://newsletter.ediaro.com/
Join our facebook Fanpage by Clicking on like at: http://www.facebook.com/ediaro
About ediaro. com
For over 5 years ediaro.com (a member of Fladio International Nigeria Limited) has provided web solutions and advertising for public and private sectors. Our main division is Computer and Information Technology. Thanks to our flexible approach towards the development of new solutions, we have often been at the inception of digital revolution and incorporating the most recent technologies. When you partner with ediaro.com, you are associating with one of Africa's best company for your ICT needs, we are the 1st Nigerian Company listed on the Economic Community for West African States (ECOWAS) ECOBIZ computer session in 2010. Focusing on quality, reliability and design of our products and services has brought us customers and partnership with local and Multinational Companies such as United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA), Interswitch Limited, Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc among others. Our current customer portfolio covers individuals, companies and Government agencies across the globe including Nigeria, India, United Kingdom, Mozambique and United States of America.