Nigerian Army Recruitment 2012 for Direct Short Service Commission Course
1.Applications are invited from eligible Nigerians for commission into the Nigerian Army (NA) as Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) officers for the following NA specialties.
- (1) Specialists Doctors/Dental Specialists. Applicants must possess postgraduate degrees in any of the following areas and must be duly registered with the National or West African Postgraduate College: Orthopaedic Surgery, General Surgery, Psychiatry, Ear, Nose and Throat, Ophthalmology, Radiology, Pathology, Pediatrics, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Maxillofacial Surgery, Orthodontics, Oral Pathology and Paedodontics.
- (2) General Medical and Dental Practitioners. Applicants must possess Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS or MB BCh) or Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) and must be fully registered with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria.
- (3) Optometrists.Applicants must possess Doctor of Optometry (O.D.) degree and must be registered with the appropriate professional body.
- (4)Dental Therapists and Dental Technologists. Applicants must possess Higher Diplomas and must be fully registered with relevant professional bodies.
- (5) Clinical Psychologists. Applicants must possess BSc in Clinical Psychology.
- (6) Nurses. Applicants must possess BSc Nursing with full registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria.
- (7) Pharmacists. Applicants must possess Bachelor of Pharmacy and must be fully registered with the Pharmacist Council of Nigeria.
- (8) Professionals Allied to Medicine. Applicants must possess a minimum of Second Class Lower degree in any of the following areas: Radiology – Medical Image Science, Hospital Administration, BMLS, AIMLS, AIMLT – Medical Laboratory Science, Physiotherapy and Medical Social Works.
- (1) Directorate of Chaplain Services (Protestant). Applicants must possess minimum of Second Class Lower degree in Theology, Pastoral Counseling or Divinity from any of the Seminaries/Universities recognized by the NA Directorate of Chaplain Services(Protestant). Applicants must belong to one of the 18 major denominations of the protestant faith. Soldier applicants must have served in the NA with a minimum of 5 years experience in Chaplaincy work.
- (2) Directorate of Chaplain Services (Roman Catholic).Applicants must be validly ordained Roman Catholic priests with at least 2 years pastoral experience. Applicants must possess degree in Theology/Philosophy or any other related bachelor degree in Theology from Roman Catholic approved seminary, affiliated to any National Universities Commission accredited university or Urbanian University, Rome. Applicants must have good standing at the church and also released by a Diocesan Bishop. Applicants must be vetted and recommended by the NA Directorate of Chaplain Services (Roman Catholic).
- (3) Directorate of Islamic Affairs. Applicants must possess BA Arabic and Islamic Studies from recognized Nigerian universities, Azhar University, Cairo or Saudi University. Each applicant would be required to produce testimony of excellent character from a reputable religious organization in Nigeria. Polytechnic/College of Education graduates are not eligible.
- 3.An applicant must fulfill the following:
- a.Be a Nigerian as defined in the Constitution of the Federal RepublicofNigeria.
- b.Be male or female between the ages of 22 and 35 years for both service personnel and civilians. Individuals applying to any of the Chaplain Services or Directorate of Islamic Affairs are to be between the ages of 22 and 40 years.
- c. Be medically and physically fit.
- d. Measure not less than 1.68m (for male) and 1.65m (for female) in height.
- e. Must not have been convicted by any court of law.
- f. Possess a minimum of first degree of not less than Second Class Lower Division from a recognized University or HND from a recognized Polytechnic of not less than Lower Credit. HND holders applying to the Nigerian Army Electrical and Mechanical Engineers Corps must possess Upper Credit.
- g. Applicants (less serving members of the Armed Forces) must have completed the NYSC Scheme or provide proof of exemption as the case may be.
- h. Graduates with registrable professional qualifications must be duly registered by relevant bodies recognized by Nigerian Laws at the commencement of cadet training.
- I. Possess valid birth certificate endorsed by the National Population Commission, Hospital or Local Government Council of birth or valid age declaration.
- j. Possess a valid certificate of state of origin.
- k. Recommended by at least two recognizable referees who must attest to the applicant’s character and integrity. Serving military personnel must be recommended by their commanders.
- 7.The following will apply:
- a. All applications are to be made online. Application Fee is N2,500.00.
- (1) Obtain a PIN Code from any branch of Ecobank nationwide upon the payment of N2,500.00 Application Fee to the designated cashier with effect from 12 April 2012.
- (2) Log on to www.nigerianarmyms.org
- (3) Select Direct Short Service.
- (4) Enter basic details as requested alongside the PIN Code.
- (5) Log in to begin filling the forms and upload documents and passport.
For over 5 years ediaro.com (a member of Fladio International Nigeria Limited) has provided web solutions and advertising for public and private sectors. Our main division is Computer and Information Technology. Thanks to our flexible approach towards the development of new solutions, we have often been at the inception of digital revolution and incorporating the most recent technologies. When you partner with ediaro.com, you are associating with one of Africa's best company for your ICT needs, we are the 1st Nigerian Company listed on the Economic Community for West African States (ECOWAS) ECOBIZ computer session in 2010. Focusing on quality, reliability and design of our products and services has brought us customers and partnership with local and Multinational Companies such as United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA), Interswitch Limited, Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc among others. Our current customer portfolio covers individuals, companies and Government agencies across the globe including Nigeria, India, United Kingdom, Mozambique and United States of America.