Online Banking Safety tips
Online Banking allows individuals and corporate organisation to perform banking activities at home, via the internet. Online banking enable customers to perform all routine transactions(depending on your bank), such as account transfers, balance inquiries, bill payments, and stop-payment requests. With your online banking, account information can be accessed anytime, day or night, and can be done from anywhere.
Despite the advantages of online banking, there are some risk brought about by this banking platform. Find below some Online Banking safety tips by Abdulazeez Idiaro, you can follow to protect yourself:
- Don’t disclose your password to anyone. Your bank will never ask you to divulge your password or other personal information
- Always install and regularly update an anti-virus software. In addition to being protected by using up-to-date antivirus software you should also regularly use software to remove Spyware from you computer, as these programs record information about your Internet use and transmit it without your permission
- Always log off Online Banking session properly when you’ve finished using it
- Beware of websites offering free software or applications – don’t download software unless you are sure the site is genuine and the application is not harmful
- Look for actual phone numbers or physical addresses for the company on the site if you’re unsure whether a website is genuine or reputable
- Be careful about using other computers – only access Online Banking on computers you know have up-to-date security software.
To get extensive safety tips about Online Banking, ATM security tips, Online Shopping, POS, Running a secured online merchant store among others, get a copy of the upcoming book by Abdulazeez Idiaro: Safeguarding yourself and business from fraud in a cashless society, you can pre-register for launch date news at: http://safeguardingyourselfandbusinessfromfraudinacashlesssociety.ediaro.com
About ediaro. com
For over 5 years ediaro.com (a member of Fladio International Nigeria Limited) has provided web solutions and advertising for public and private sectors. Our main division is Computer and Information Technology. Thanks to our flexible approach towards the development of new solutions, we have often been at the inception of digital revolution and incorporating the most recent technologies. When you partner with ediaro.com, you are associating with one of Africa's best company for your ICT needs, we are the 1st Nigerian Company listed on the Economic Community for West African States (ECOWAS) ECOBIZ computer session in 2010. Focusing on quality, reliability and design of our products and services has brought us customers and partnership with local and Multinational Companies such as United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA), Interswitch Limited, Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc among others. Our current customer portfolio covers individuals, companies and Government agencies across the globe including Nigeria, India, United Kingdom, Mozambique and United States of America.