Top 10 Online Payment Processing Platforms in Nigeria 2014
Thank you for your interest in ediaro.com annual Top 10 Online Payment Processing and aggregator platforms in Nigeria. Your support has made us the most authoritative platform for online payment processing in Nigeria today and we thank you for that.
The 2014 review is more thorough and detailed than the previous edition. We contacted the payment processors and aggregators as usual, related with their customers directly to evaluate their performance and even intervene in real issues where necessary – to have first hand information about how some of the processors work.
As a website developer and consultant, we have some re-occurring questions customers constantly ask us among which are – we want to accept local and international cards, we want to accept payment in US Dollar and also display $ Symbol and withdraw to Domicilliary account – no sign of Naira at checkout and payment page, what are the full setup fee, transaction and fund withdrawal charges of the processors among others are all considered in the review.
We start the review process by contacting the Nigeria Payment Processors and Aggregators, including few international that accepts Nigerian Cards – to supply us relevant information to aid the review. In addition, we ask them to advise their customers to comment on their performance online.
We discover some payment processors and aggregators did not provide us relevant details for their review. Some argue it’s due to their policy that company details will not be shared with third parties, others say we need a non disclosure agreement. But the smart ones among them sent us relevant details, leaving the confidential information out for us to scout for our self (which we did). This help us in reviewing them easier, critically and directly impacts on their ranking.
For example GTBank called us to know what kind of challenges we are facing when integrating to the GTBank GTPay, UBA called us and request our recommendations when upgrading to the current new UCollect platform among others, which made impact in their output. Infact, after the relaunch of UCollect, there were needs to make some updates in the integration document, they made it and resend new version back to us. Others call us on their charges, local and international expansion plan, how to discover and curtail against internet fraud – from the Payment processors and ecommerce merchant end among others, Those are the kind of things expected from a Nigerian payment processors, aggregators, business and even Government in general – updating as the need arises to meet up global trend.
We hereby present to you “Top 10 Online Payment Processing Platforms in Nigeria 2014” below:
Guaranty Trust Bank Plc (GTBank) GTPay
GTBank GTPay is a service offered by Guaranty Trust BankPlc to allow customers accept payments on their website. The platform support Nigerian Cards – Visa, MasterCard and Interswitch. GTBank has upgraded their interface and coding from how it was last year. The platform now have better aesthetics and codes are simplified for developers.
We believe the bank was able to get it right because they took the pain to call their customers that haven’t completed their integration, ask why and seek their opinion and suggestions. This enables them improve Inside/Out. Infact, they called us at ediaro.com to inquire specifically. It’s amazing how we are able to complete a GTBank GTPay integration within a week (after test date has been set) and made a live transaction on it.
In the course of our research, we discover GTBank now support international cards, a Sample of which can be found online at flyaero.com airline booking site when you want to book your flight. If a customer request for international card acceptance, GTBank can approve to activate VISA and MasterCard international card acceptance, subject to a a transaction charge of 3% per transaction (no cap) and a N5,000.00 monthly subscription fee.
- GTBank has a dedicated responsive team to attend to your issues timely.
- GTPay payment gateway is one of the most widely used processor on many Nigerian websites. It supports Visa, MasterCard and Interswitch.
- GTPay payment gateway support international cards (Visa and MasterCard).
- GTBank is a certified developer partner, hence their GTPAY Integration for merchants fee is waived. Their customers get a waiver for integration – reduced sign-on fee.
- GTPay integration documents and coding has been upgraded to make it easier for integrator to understand.
- The timeframe for integration to go live stage is quiet long. Customer has to apply thru GTBank to Interswitch, before test ID will be created. Afterwards, TEST integration document/link will be sent to customer with long checklist of requirements. Customer will integrate, and send the checklist to GTBank for verification, then send to Interswitch to set their test date. Interswitch will fix a date for the test, conduct the test before approval and onward live integration details sent to GTBank, GTBank will then setup the customer on their site. This process takes time and can be cumbersome if you don’t understand what you are doing very well.
- GTPay International card acceptance comes with a condition, international transactions come with a transaction charge of 3% per transaction (no cap)and a N5,000.00 monthly subscription fee. This no doubt is huge for SME and discouraging for customers that doesn’t regularly do huge turnover transactions, which may accrue to why many of their customers don’t subscribe to the international card acceptance of GTPay.
- GTPay integration process and DIY integration document is quiet lengthy.
- GTPay platform for selecting card type can be difficult for customers that doesn’t read everything on the page when they want to checkout and make payment. This can lead to higher shopping cart abandonment rate. Customers paying online may not know they have to click their preferred card and then enter email below the page, before proceeding to payment page to enter their card details. This stage can be bypassed for customers that wants to accept only local cards. Unfortunately, the stage cannot be avoided by customers that want to accept International cards. The bank should have made it like a simple radio button or something easier for the customer to know they must click, and no need to enter email address again (since it can be bypassed for local cards).
- Customer has to open a corporate account with Guaranty Trust Bank Plc to be able to use this service.
|SWITCH||SETUP FEES||TRANSACTION FEE||BEARER|
|MasterCard/Visa (local)||N75,000.00||1.5% of transaction amount (subject to a maximum of N2,000)||MERCHANT|
|MasterCard/Visa (Int’l)||3% of transaction amount; no cap||MERCHANT|
|Interswitch Verve||1.5% of transaction amount (subject to a maximum of N2,000)||MERCHANT|
About GTBank GTPay
GTPay is a secure internet payment gateway developed to facilitate payments online using debit Cards issued by banks on the Interswitch Network. GTPay plugs in seamlessly with the existing websites of customers and acts as a bridge between the customer’s website and financial institutions (Banks). The payment solution:
- Provides a convenient alternative payment channel to all customers
- Enables cardholders to pay merchants (our customers) for internet purchases of goods and services from the comfort of their offices/homes by supplying details of their local debit/credit cards
- Ensures transaction amount is deducted from cards instantly and merchant’s account credited within 24 hours
- International Acceptance: GTPAY accepts both locally and internationally issued cards including Interswitch, MasterCard and VISA.
- Timely transaction processing: Merchants get value next day after transaction takes place.
- GTPAY monitoring log: GTPAY comes with a unique, online monitoring console that allows merchants view transactions as they occur.
- Reduced sign-on fee: GTBank is a certified developer partner so we take on GTPAY integration for our merchants and as such the integration fee is waived for them.
- Convenient means of payment
- Acceptance of both local and international cards
- Global reach for merchants
- Increased sales
- Promotes cashless transactions
- Instant value for successful transactions
HOW TO GET GTPAY
- Complete the GTPay Application form
- Send filled form along with Certificate of Incorporation to your Account officer
- For further enquiries, kindly send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
GTBank GTPay Official Web Page: http://gtbank.com/gtpay
Guaranty Trust Bank Plc (GTBank) Corporate Information
Guaranty Trust Bank plc is a foremost Nigerian financial institution with vast business outlays spanning Anglophone/Francophone, West Africa, East Africa and the United Kingdom.
The Bank presently has an Asset Base of over 2 Trillion Naira, shareholders funds of over 200 Billion Naira and employs over 10,000 people in Nigeria, Cote d’Ivoire, Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Uganda and the United Kingdom.
The Bank has a corporate banking bias and strong service culture that have enabled it record consistent year on year growth in clientele base and key financial indices since its inception in 1990.
- Do you have a website and need a professional programmer to integrate your website, mobile app, portal or software to begin accepting payments at a very affordable rate? Click here to contact Us Now!
[UPDATE] Recently, New UBA Customers complain that they open account with them based on our advise, unfortunately International card processing is not activated for them. We advise you officially write/email UBA to inquire if they will activate International card processing for you before opening account.
United Bank for Africa Plc has upgraded and partially migrated their entire payment gateway – UBA UCollect to a whole new system within the year. The UCollect platform still support local and international cards, without any setup fee. At the moment, the platform support Visa and MasterCard only, when we contacted the bank, it was learnt that plans are in top gear to activate Interswitch on the platform soon.
UBA UCollect support Naira, Dollar, Pounds and Euro denomination. One very interesting and unique feature of UBA UCollect is that, a customer can open a Naira account and US Dollar domiciliary account, then instruct the bank to settle all local transactions to their Naira account and international transaction to their US Dollar account with the Bank respectively.
In addition, when website visitors choose to pay their customer in USD, the currency displayed when paying is USD $ – which meets the demand many prospective Nigerian customers that are usually asking us that they don’t want display Naira as currency when customers are about to pay, given that UBA has branches across Africa, USA, London etc, the customer can be operating internationally, when in Nigeria, hence customer will be taking advantage of the global strength of UBA.
- Upgraded interface (frontend and backend) and integration document.
- Customer can get their local and international transactions credited to their Naira and US Domiciliary account respectively.
- Partnered with developer to do website development and integrate UBA UCollect for the bank customer FREE.
- No setup FEE.
- The Bank has finally published product detail of UBA UCollect on their official website.
- There are few incomplete files and link missing, which can make it complex for a new web developer to integrate to the site. In addition, the gateway lacks a test site, which means even when integrating, you need to be using a live card for every test process. You need to understand the programming to get the integration.
- The customer don’t have access to the backend where they will set RETURN URLS – Success, Failure and Pending URL, you need to fill the URL on the form – for the bank to update and you need to do this consistently anytime you want o do any update on the site.
- Customer has to open a corporate account with United Bank for Africa Plc to be able to use this service, like all other Banks that acts as a payment processor in Nigeria.
- Information about UCollect is not sufficient among staff at the branch level, you have to call or email the head office for enquiries and support.
- The Bank still maintains old and new UCollect payment gateway, which can raise suspicion for potential customer occasionally when they see two different interface and links to on different merchants site.
- Customer needs to spend extra Naira installing an SSL security on their website. Since the UCollect platform is already secured there is no need for an SME to install SSL again.
- UBA UCollect charges are quiet higher : 1.5% for local transactions – with no cap and 4% for international – no cap.
- Interswitch Verve is not yet integrated to the New UBA UCollect, hence Verve cards can’t be used on the New Platform yet.
|SWITCH||SETUP FEES||TRANSACTION FEE||BEARER|
|MasterCard/Visa (local)||FREE||1.5% of transaction amount – No CAP||MERCHANT|
|MasterCard/Visa (Int’l)||4% of transaction amount – No Cap||MERCHANT|
|Interswitch Verve||1.5% of transaction amount (subject to a maximum of N2,000)||MERCHANT|
About UBA UCollect
U-Collect is a Consolidated Internet Payment Gateway Solution which integrates multiple payment solutions available in Nigeria – VISA, Verve, MasterCard and e-Tranzact.
Doing online business or e-commerce in the African market is plagued with so many risks to both merchants and consumers due to the sudden large amount of scams, identity theft, and fraudsters. U-Collect is a solution which allows merchants to accept card payments from customers who desire to do online purchases using their various cards. It is a gateway that connects merchants, cardholders, and financial institutions, offering the assurance of secure transactions and timely payments .
- Simplified integration processes
- Possible integration with corporate core business application if required.
- Possible instant email/SMS notification (on phones of authorized personnel).
- Supports multi-currency: dollar, Pounds, Naira, Euro, etc
- Real-time comprehensive, searchable and downloadable reports accessible by authorised personnel as specified by Corporate.
- Simplified integration processes
- 24/7 support through our Customer Interaction center
- A robust and scalable collection platform
- Audit trail for transactions on the platform
- Allows globally accepted means of payment – VISA and MasterCard
- Secure means of collection
- Reduced Collection Cost
- Integration cost – NIL (No cost of Deployment to the customer)
- Transaction cost: There is a transaction cost of 1.5% / Transaction (subject to a maximum of N2, 000)
UBA UCollect Official Web Page: https://www.ubagroup.com/countries/ng/ucollect
United Bank Plc (UBA)Corporate Information
United Bank of Africa (UBA) Plc is the West Africa’s largest banking and financial services group as measured by asset base, number of customers, branch network and profitability. It provides personal and commercial banking, wealth management services, insurance, corporate and investment banking and transaction processing services. The bank employs more than 17,000 staff (Core and support) who serve their over 6 million personal, business, public sector and institutional customers through their offices in Nigeria, Ghana, Cameroon, Cote d’ Ivoire, New York, London and the Cayman Island.
As a leading player in the African financial services sector, the banks aspiration is to fly the flag of African excellence within the global financial community and to be a role model to other African businesses. The United Bank of Africa (UBA) Plc has largely been a Nigerian and West African Bank. As the largest financial services company (by balance sheet size, branch network, customer base and profitability) in West Africa and the biggest listed company in Nigeria (by market capitalization, December 2007), the group has been recognized as a leader within the financial services industry in the region and a key driving force of the region’s economic development. UBA now has presence in seven African countries, spanning West, Central and East Africa, with main operations in Nigeria and Ghana, two of the most vibrant economies of Africa.
Today’s United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is the product of the merger of Nigeria’s third (3rd) and fifth (5th) largest banks, namely the old UBA and the erstwhile Standard Trust Bank Plc (STB) respectively, and a subsequent acquisition of the erstwhile Continental Trust Bank Limited (CTB). The union emerged as the first successful corporate combination in the history of Nigerian banking.
UBA’s history dates back to 1948 when the British and French Bank Limited (“BFB”) commenced business in Nigeria and the erstwhile STB and CTB both in 1990. Following Nigeria’s independence from Britain, UBA was incorporated in 1961 to take over the business of BFB. Although today’s UBA emerged at a time of industry consolidation induced by regulation, the consolidated UBA was borne out of a desire to lead the domestic sector to a new era of global relevance by championing the creation of the Nigerian consumer finance market, leading a private/public sector partnership at supporting the acceleration of Nigeria’s economic development, and growing the institution from a banking to a one-stop financial services institution, while spreading its footprints across Africa to earn the reputation as the face of banking in the continent.
Today, United Bank for Africa Plc, is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions offering universal banking to more than 7.2 million customers across 700 Business Offices in 19 African countries. With presence in New York, London and Paris, UBA is your partner for banking services for Africans and African related businesses globally.
- Inform customers about payment, delivery, sales, promotions, discounts, hot deals and much more through SMS text message, it’s cheap and highly effective. Register and Integrate ediarosms.com API to your ECOMMERCE store website/mobile app. Delivery is global and we accept Card,Bank Transfer,Bitcoin (BTC),Perfectmoney..
Zenith Globalpay payment gateway support local and international transactions and the interface is easy to navigate. The Gatway is owned by Zenith Bank Nigeria Plc, a bank designed for professionals and High net individual – as Nigerians perceive them. As a matter of fact, deployment of the gateway started with N250,000 (Two hundred and fifty thousand naira), they made a promo and deploy it for 75,000 (Seventy five thousand naira). Currently, the platform has been reviewed upward back to N150,000 (for Visa, Mastercard and Interswich card support).
- The payment gateway support local and international cards.
- The Bank tactically segment their customers, hence, they may enjoy easier customer management, if well managed.
- The Bank monthly Access Fee – N5,000.00 and Foreign Settlement Charge – $50 (per settlement) combination are the highest so far.
- Setup fee of N150,000 – is also high.
About Zenith Globalpay
GLOBALPAY – Accept Card Payments Online
Make the transition from local business to global player with GlobalPAY, our online card processing platform that enables businesses with or without functional websites accept card payments from customers globally.
- There are two ways to take advantage of GlobalPAY:
Direct Integration with Website: The payment gateway is integrated into your website enabling you receive card payments on the website from cardholders from any bank in Nigeria or internationally.
- Storefront Page: A payment page is hosted for your business on the GlobalPAY Storefront at www.globalpay.com.ng.
Whichever approach is adopted, you will be able to receive payments from a wide variety of locally and internationally issued debit, credit and prepaid cards. This will ensure that your business can accept payments conveniently on its website from customers all over the world. Both the integrated payment gateway and the Storefront accept MasterCard, Visa and Verve cards. With GlobalPAY, your website will also have the functionality of accepting and monitoring mobile payments made via mobile phone.
- Acceptance of locally and internationally issued cards:MasterCard, Visa and Verve Cards.
- Online real-time log for monitoring transactions as they occur.
- Real-time online processing of transactions i.e. instant debit of cardholder’s account immediately payment is made.
- Multi-card acceptance with single integration
- Multi-currency processing
- Highest levels of data protection via PCI Compliance
- Supports MasterCard Securecode and Verified By Visa
- Multi-currency Settlement (Naira and Dollars)Cards Accepted
Visa, Mastercard and Interswich (Verve)
PROCESS FLOW (MERCHANT)
1. Merchant signs payment integration forms for GlobalPAY (MasterCard & Visa) & Interswitch.
2. Merchant issues two cheques, one in favour of ‘INTERSWITCH NIGERIA LTD’ and the other in favour of Zenith Bank Plc as advised below.
3. APIs will be exchanged between Zenith Bank’s certified web programmer and customer’s web developer as part of the integration process.
4. Following completion of integration and successful testing of the payment engine on the website, payments by customer can commence.
5. Merchant is provided with a console to view transactions as they occur online real-time.
PROCESS FLOW (CARDHOLDER)
1. Customer visits Merchant website and adds desired items to the shopping cart.
2. Customer selects card type to pay with.
3. Shopping cart links to payment interface for the selected card type.
4. Customer securely keys in card information
5. Once payment is successful, an online receipt is displayed on-screen and can be printed by the Customer.
|SWITCH||SETUP FEES||TRANSACTION FEE||BEARER|
|MasterCard/Visa (local)||N75,000.00||1.5% of transaction amount (subject to a maximum of N2,000)||MERCHANT|
|MasterCard/Visa (Int’l)||3.5% of transaction amount; no cap||MERCHANT|
|Interswitch Verve||N75,000.00||1.5% of transaction amount (subject to a maximum of N2,000)||MERCHANT|
Monthly Access Fee – N5,000.00
Foreign Settlement Charge – $50 (per settlement)
Zenith Globalpay Official Web Page: http://www.zenithbank.com/eBizSolutionsCorporateGlobalPay.aspx
Zenith Bank Plc Corporate Information
Zenith Bank Plc was established in May 1990, and commenced operations in July of the same year as a commercial bank. The Bank became a public limited company on June 17, 2004 and was listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) on October 21, 2004 following a highly successful Initial Public Offering (IPO). Zenith Bank Plc currently has a shareholder base of about one million and is Nigeria’s biggest bank by tier-1 capital. In 2013, the Bank listed $850 million worth of its shares at $6.80 each on the London Stock Exchange (LSE).
Headquartered in Lagos, Nigeria, Zenith Bank Plc has over 500 branches and business offices in prime commercial centres in all states of the federation and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT). In March 2007, Zenith Bank was licensed by the Financial Services Authority (FSA) of the United Kingdom to establish Zenith Bank (UK) Limited as the United Kingdom subsidiary of Zenith Bank Plc. Zenith Bank also has subsidiaries in: Ghana, Zenith Bank (Ghana) Limited; Sierra Leone, Zenith Bank (Sierra Leone) Limited; Gambia, Zenith Bank (Gambia) Limited. The bank also has representative offices in South Africa and The People’s Republic of China. The Bank plans to take the Zenith brand to other African countries as well as the European and Asian markets.
Zenith Bank Plc blazed the trail in digital banking in Nigeria; scoring several firsts in the deployment of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) infrastructure to create innovative products that meet the needs of its teeming customers. The bank is verifiably a leader in the deployment of various channels of banking technology, and the Zenith brand has become synonymous with the deployment of state-of-the-art technologies in banking.
Driven by a culture of excellence and strict adherence to global best practices, the Bank has combined vision, skillful banking expertise, and cutting-edge technology to create products and services that anticipate and meet customers’ expectations; enable businesses to thrive and grow wealth for customers.
Zenith Bank Plc, founded by Jim Ovia in 1990, has, since grown astronomically to become one of the leading financial institutions in Africa. Zenith Bank Plc currently ranks as the 6th biggest bank in the continent. The Bank grew its shareholder’s fund of N20million in 1990 to N509.25billion as at year end 2013. Today, the Bank continues to thrive on the strong values, brand equity, corporate culture of professionalism and service excellence which are the foundations upon which the bank was built.
Interswitch is the grandfather of online payment processing in Nigeria. The Bank process online and offline for virtually all commercial banks in Nigeria. To use the Interswitch webpay for accepting payment online, the customer has to follow a similar process adopted by GTBank GTPay, afterwards customer will be migrated to a live site – to start accepting real live transactions. Although the process is a bit long and also uses a DIY integration document, the payment processor has also partnered with some developers to assist customers with integration at a cost.
- Customer is not mandated to have account with a specific Bank before he/she will be able to use the platform – virtually all Nigerian banks accepts interswitch to process their payment.
- The payment processor are the major processor in Nigeria, hence, virtually all Banks will have to relate with them for all settlement issues related to using interswitch cards and webpay platform.
- They have partnered with developers to facilitate the integration process.
- The cost of Integrating Webpay to your website is N150,000 (One Hundred and Fifty Thousand Naira Only) which to us also is quiet high.
- A downside of this platform is that the gateway only support Nigerian interswitch compliant cards. International cards such as VISA and MasterCard cannot be used. A service many Nigerians now ask for constantly
About Interswitch Webpay
WebPAY is an Internet Payment Gateway developed by InterSwitch to facilitate payments on the Internet using debit cards issued by member banks on the InterSwitch network.
WebPAY plugs-in seamlessly with existing websites and acts as a bridge between a merchant’s website and financial institutions (banks) to process payment transactions. Customer card details are captured online via WebPAY in order to make purchases on the merchant’s site. The card details are sent in an encrypted manner to InterSwitch for real-time authorization at the issuing bank.
Webpay integrates directly unto customers website enabling funds to be received into their account, but no elaborate reporting is provided. Paydirect – Web (without reporting) offers cash deposit information and is often the product of choice for medium and small businesses.
Most Nigerian have an Interswitch card or local Mastercard (which comes with interswich), hence virtually all Nigerian banks have an interswitch license for processing Interswitch cards Online and thru other platforms such as POS, ATM etc.
Interswitch Limited Corporate Information
Interswitch Limited is an integrated payment and transaction processing company that provides technology integration, advisory services, transaction processing and payment infrastructure to government, banks and corporate organizations.
Interswitch, through its Super Switch provides online, real-time transaction switching that enable businesses and individuals have access to their funds across the 24 banks in Nigeria and across a variety of payment channels such as Automated Teller Machines (ATMS), Point of Sale (PoS) terminals, Mobile Phones, Kiosks, Web and Bank Branches.
- Ebook of selected Global gateways that will enable you begin Accepting International Payments, grab your copy Now, click here!!
Voguepay is a Nigerian payment aggregator that allows customers to accept payment on their website. The system support automatic withdrawal to the merchant bank account, unlike most payment aggregators that merchant have to manually request for withdrawal. The company have been featured in many local and international magazines and websites, e.g. FintechCapital Magazine (UK), Business day Newspaper, Vanguard Newspaper, Thisday Newspaper, Youtube among others.
Last year, the company didn’t make it to the ediaro Top 10 Online Payment Processing Platforms in Nigeria, but this year, they didn’t only make it to the list, but among the top on the list. The company has partnered with some international companies such as Veridu limited (UK) and financial software systems in India to provide a secure and efficient system.
Another great advantage of this payment aggregator is that they have developed Plugin merchant can just download and install to your existing website – for selected shopping carts, minimising the stress and energy of having to integrate the gateway to your website. For sites without a readymade plugin or code, the company has an integration document you can use for custom integration with your website.
The gateway have multiple security for SSL, Ip monitoring, encryption, user ban and suspension management, risk evaluation management system, email and phone number verification among others. This normally will make it easy to minimise fraud – by monitoring fraudulent IP addresses, Securing the payment page, user authentication among others.
As a plus the platform comes automatically with Voguepay analytics – for merchants to evaluate their business performance/pattern over a period of time, email invoicing, dispute management resolution centre.
Voguepay inform us that they are currently developing a new VoguePay website software (VoguePay 2.0) that will be based on the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), accept international cards, perform automated periodic transaction reconciliation and offer a new range of world class features that have not presently offered by any Nigerian payment processor/gateway. We hope to see this soon.
Fees and Charges
NIGERIA – Business Account
|Merchant Verification||N1500 (with Corporate Affairs Commission Certificate) and N2500 (with Government issued Identity cards)|
|Transaction Fee||Transaction Fee Naira Cards – 2.5%USD MasterCard & VISA Card – 4.5%(No Gateway Fees Applicable)|
|Withdraw Money||1% + 120 Naira|
|Integration||Free (Fee may apply for customised Integration)|
Activating International Card Acceptance
VoguePay USD MasterCard/VISA channel has now been disabled. This is attributed to the fight against fraud and unauthorized card usage, Merchants who wish to have the channel enabled for their business will have to request for same by contacting their support team. The company noted that the USD channel will not be available to businesses classified within the high risk category.
Voguepay was created with a big vision: to make online, cross-currency payments and transactions safer, cheaper and more accessible for businesses, traders and consumers in Africa and internationally. Tens of thousands of clients later, Voguepay’s comprehensive (and/or integrated) solutions and services are helping businesses to grow – and individuals to prosper – by removing the barriers and the complications to local and international trade. They claim to be the payment bridge between Africa and the rest of the world.
VoguePay Corporate Information
VoguePay is a unique online payment processor whose vision is to offer buyers and sellers a secure and easy-to-use means of transacting business online.
VoguePay allows site owners to receive payment for their goods and services on their website without any setup fee.
VoguePay distinguishes itself from other online payment processors with its array of features that are guided by its core values:
- User Friendliness
VoguePay aims at continuous improvement of its services and consistent introduction of new value adding features and maintenance/upgrading of existing ones.
We believe that receiving money on your website should be easy enough for anyone to implement, this explains why we have carefully created several tools to make integration of VoguePay into your site a snap.
VoguePay International is owned and managed by Vogue Web.
- Subscribe to a Website Design package to begin advertising and selling your products and services globally within days at ediaro.com
This is a Nigerian payment aggregator located in Abuja Nigeria. The gateway rely on the international acceptability of Zenith Globalpay to allow their customers accept payments online Using their local and international Visa Card, MasterCard and Interswitch cards.
The company has an inhouse fraud review system. Their system automatically prevents fraudulent users from transacting with merchants. With this feature, Simplepay promise to provide support to merchants on treating chargebacks. The system have an intelligent system that constantly check and monitor transaction flows.
Merchant can get fund credited to their bank account on or before 24 Hours, except for Merchant pro who can get it instantly. The company also makes ready-made integration Plugin for different variants of Shopping carts and CMS, in addition, the integration document is available for custom integration. Just like VoguePay, fee may apply for customised Integration. According to Simplepay, getting your website running to accept online payment is simple – it takes a non Technical Person 2hours, for a Developer, it should be done in minutes.
Simplepay has received Best start up company in Nigeria from seedstars. In addition, they recently engaged the service of an American and a seasoned professional Rich Tanksley ; who is passionate in building and improving ecosystems, companies, systems and processes. With his more than 20 years work experience, he has worked with dozens of start ups all over the world, helping transform them into a unique profit-making venture.
With Simplepay, customers are not tied to a specific bank to be used in Nigeria, you can choose any bank of your choice; unlike GTBank GTPay, Zenith GlobalPay and UBA UCollect and others. The platform also don’t insist on SSL,DEDICATED IP among others like UBA UCollect.
On the downside, the company has an amazing fraud review system. Specifically, our client we integrated it for had his fund still pending settlement for months – because they are requesting for the Merchant customer to scan a copy of the ATM Card used for the transaction, but the customer objected due to natural fear of fraud. When the Merchant contacted us to intervene, we contacted them to look into the issue critically and resolve, initially they agree work with email correspondence before settlement. Afterwards, there was a change in tune which is – that the customer has to mask part of their card and send part number of the card. At the point the customer was not ready to do anything at all. This brought the whole transaction to a halt as the customer was not ready to scan any part of his card and they are not ready to release the fund to the customer. Such issues should have an alternative way of resolving.
Signup fees: FREE
- Verve Card/ Naira MasterCard – 1.50% plus N10.00 per transaction;
- Etranzact Card/Web – 1.50% plus N0.00 per transaction;
- Visa (Vpay) integration – 1.50% plus N0.00 per transaction;
- International Payments via Credit Card Visa and MasterCard (Zenith Bank Transfer) – 5.00% plus N10.00 per transaction;
Withdrawal: Wire Transfer – N300.00 per transaction;
Receive Money: 1.00% plus N10.00 per transaction
Simplepay Corporate Information
SimplePay allows any business or consumer with an e-mail address and a bank account to securely, conveniently and cost-effectively send and receive payments online or through their mobile phone. Our network provides a global, real-time merchant transaction processing solution. SimplePay for merchants is ideally suited for small businesses, online merchants, individuals, and others currently underserved by traditional payment systems. SimplePay personal accounts are great for anyone who hates standing in line, going to the bank, or carrying cash with them everywhere.
SimplePay was Founded 2013. Started operations in 2014 in Abuja, Nigeria. We just received funding from Seedstars, a Swiss-based venture builder, and are now poised for explosive growth throughout Nigeria.
2Checkout has been confirmed accepting Nigerian cards for many years, though a USA Based company. They offer 8 payment methods which includes: Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, Diners Club, JCB, PIN debit cards with the Visa or MasterCard logo, Debit cards with the Visa or MasterCard logo, PayPal.
Payments can be received in US Dollar or any other currency set as default currency on the merchant website. This no doubt will meet the need of many Nigerians consistently calling us at ediaro.com Webcentre for consultancy and website development – requesting to accept online payments in US Dollar and other currency without showing Nigerian Naira at all at checkout. Given that most Nigeria Banks now offer Internationally compliant Visa and MasterCard by default, Merchants and Nigerian customers can use 2checkout to accept payments online without barrier.
After an order has been received online on behalf of the merchant, the Merchant can then instruct 2checkout they want to receive their payment in their Nigerian Domiciliary account. This fund can be transferred in US Dollar, Great Britain pounds among other currencies. Alternatively, it can be transferred to the customer Payoneer MasterCard – which can be withdrawn on a Nigeria ATM Machine or used to order online.
2Checkout has been around for the past 14years, they have served over 50,000 Sellers across the globe. In addition to this, experience has taught them to build 300+ Fraud rules built over time and have also met PCI Level 1 compliance.
Transaction Charges for Nigerians.
5.5% + 45¢ successful transaction
2Checkout Corporate Information
A worldwide leader in payment services, 2Checkout maximizes online sales conversions by giving global buyers localized payment options. Trusted by over 50,000 merchants, 2Checkout supports transactions in 196 countries through 8 payment methods, 26 currencies, and 15 languages, forming one of the leading processors of online transactions in the world. The service is simple to implement, including a pre-integrated payment gateway, a merchant account, PCI compliance, international fraud prevention, and plug-ins for 100 of the most popular carts.
2CO is the authorized reseller for thousands of tangible or digital products and services. Established in 1999 and headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, 2CO provides turnkey e-commerce solutions to thousands of business customers around the world. 2CO’s proprietary technology supports back-office functions including financial reporting, tracking, fraud prevention, affiliate tracking, customer service and sales tracking. Since inception 2CO has maintained a steady and maintainable growth. The company’s approach is geared towards providing quality service to new and existing clients without feeling the need to expand at a rate that would sacrifice service to our clients.
CashEnvoy commenced operations in November 2009 as the First web payment aggregator in Nigeria. It’s owned by Electronic Settlement Limited and approved by the Central Bank of Nigeria. The company has been silent for quite a while but has some interesting customer base. They promise to settle fund to customers account within 24hours.
Cashenvoy vision is to create the magical payment process that customers always want to pay with and merchants always want to receive payments with. It is worth noting that CashEnvoy is the only Nigerian Payment Aggregator/Processor accepted on Shopify.
Cashenvoy doesn’t charge for online different variants of cards – merchants can accept local and international – VISA, MASTERCARD, eTranzact and Interswitch cards.
The company has an integration document on their website in addition to some simple plugins for popular shopping carts. But just like companies using interswitch to power their website with the UAT document, customers have to pass their test phase of site integration – that is to test your website before moving you to live mode. They promise that as soon as the merchant integrates and send the necessary documents they will test and put the site on live mode. In addition to a Valid Identity card and utility bill. With all this process, it’s amazing they promise that the customer will start accepting payments on their website within 24hours.
A prospective new customer must meet the following Terms and conditions before been allowed to use CashEnvoy payment gateway: User would be verified, Business and business model must be viable, Evidence for exchange of value.
CashEnvoy to explain to us that when Merchant use CashEnvoy to accept payment, some security features come with it : we have myriad security features, Information is protected on. By using SSL with an encryption key length of 128 bits, they also deploy fraud prevention technology that monitors transactions for suspicious activity, Work with law enforcement to assist in apprehending and prosecuting fraudsters and identity thieves, help safeguard their customers against identity theft, every CashEnvoy payment is followed by an email confirming the customer’s transaction among others.
CashEnvoy added that they have specialist who monitor and protect against identity theft, work hand in hand with security agents to shut down fraudulent websites. In addition, they have fraud model to review transactions and weed out fraudulent activities complimented by in house verification system which protects customers from unauthorised payments sent from the customer’s account.
As a fraud-prevention measure, CashEnvoy also send an email confirmation for every online payment that you make with CashEnvoy. If you receive email confirmation of a transaction that you did not approve, when they are contacted, they work as quickly as possible to resolve the issue.
Registration fee, admin, fee— 0
Withdrawal fee- 0
Activation fee- 0
Transaction fee 2.5%+ N12.60 to a maximum of 3500
No hidden charges
First Bank FirstPayLink
FirstPayLink is an online payment processing platform owned by First Bank of Nigeria Plc. To be able to use this service, the customer must have a First Bank Account.
The payment gateway support local and international transactions. First Bank FirstPayLink does not have any integration plugin like other banks just like( GTBank GTPay, Zenith Globalpay, UBA UCollect), but they have an integration document too for that the customer can use for their website integration.
Although our ediaro.com webcentre team has not integrated any website for ourself or other customers, but we’ve done for other Banks on similar platform to FirstPa Link, their coding and design structure is quiet complex, hence developer should really know what they are doing.
|SWITCH||SETUP FEES||TRANSACTION FEE||BEARER|
|MasterCard||N50,000.00||1.5% of transaction amount, subject to a maximum of N2,000 (Local) and3% (International)||MERCHANT|
|Visa||1.5% of transaction amount, subject to a maximum of N2,000 (Local) and3% (International)||MERCHANT|
|Interswitch Verve||N50,000.00||1.5% of transaction amount, subject to a maximum of N2,000 (Local).||MERCHANT|
|eTranzact||N50,000.00||1.5% of transaction amount, subject to a maximum of N2,000 (Local).||MERCHANT|
The total set-up cost (one-off) is N200,000 (N50,000/Switch) There are four Switches available: InterSwitch, Visa, MasterCard and eTranzact. The charges is 1.5% cap N2000 (Local) and 3% (International)
FirstPayLink is a multi-platform Internet payment gateway, that integrates to merchant websites to allow Internet payments using InterSwitch, eTranzact, Visa and MasterCard cards.
- The solution provides a seamless flow for customers to navigate payment options, select preferred payments, confirm payment amounts and proceed to key in card details for authorization .
- Allows payers select preferred payment options from a list of available payment processors.
- Transfers users to relevant payment processor (InterSwitch, eTranzact, Visa, etc) pages within a frame for entry of card and PIN information.
- Provides on-screen payment success notifications.
- Generates, displays and emails payment receipts with unique reference numbers, to payers’ e-mail address.
- It provides Merchant reports with flexibility for searching, based on predefined product and category criteria
- Improved satisfaction for payers through payment convenience available 24/7.
- Increased revenue sources for Merchants, from access to a wider range of customers home & abroad.
- Enables the use of borderless means (Internet) in trading.
- Minimal skills required to integrate to Merchant website
- It is a secure mode of payment acceptable all over the world.
- Real-time access to transaction information.
- Provides a log of all successful payment for monitoring, accounting and reconciliation purposes
- Provides reports useful for budgeting & planning purposes.
- All-in-one solution that allows addition of new payment options.
First Bank of Nigeria Plc Corporate Information
First Bank of Nigeria Plc for over a century has distinguished itself as a leading financial institution and a major contributor to the economic advancement and development in Nigeria.
The bank was incorporated as a limited liability company on March 31, 1884 with head office in Liverpool by Sir Alfred Jones, a shipping magnate. It started business in the office of Elder Dempster and Company in Lagos under the corporate name of the Bank of British West Africa
(BBWA) with a paid up capital of 12,000 pounds sterling, after absorbing its predecessor, the African Banking Corporation which was established earlier in 1892. In its early years of operations, the bank recorded an impressive growth and worked closely with the colonial government in performing the traditional function of a Central Bank, such as issue of species in the West Africa sub-region. To justify it West Africa coverage, a branch was opened in Accra, Ghana in 1896 and another in Freetown, Sierra Leone in 1898. These marked the genesis of international banking operations. The second branch of the bank in Nigeria was in the Old Calabar in 1900 and two years later, services was extended to Northern Nigeria. To reposition and take advantage of opportunities in the changing environment, the bank had at various times embarked on restructuring initiatives. In 1957, it changed it name from Bank of British West Africa to Bank of West Africa in 1969; the bank was incorporated locally as the Standard Bank of Nigeria Limited in line with the companies’ decree of 1968. Change in the name of the bank also occurred in 1979 and 1991 to Bank of Nigeria and First Bank of Nigeria Plc respectively. In 1985, the bank introduced a decentralized structure with five regional administration.
To further enhance the bank’s operational efficiency, this was reconfigured into sixteen area offices in 2003. In view of the foregoing, it was therefore, a natural progression when in 2001, the bank began the process of transformation process which began in early 2001 gained momentum in 2003 and was launched on Tuesday, April 27, 2004 with the introduction of new corporate identity. First Bank get listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) in March 1971 and won the NSE president merit award eleven times for the best financial report in the banking sector. In line with the bank’s mission statement “remain true to our name by providing the best financial service possible” and its banki essence, “dependably dynamic,” the bank will consistently transform itself as it forges ahead in its second century qualitative banking to the nation.
[UPDATE 21/03/2015] ArgonPay Customers complain their funds has been processed and collected on their behalf but never settled to their bank account. We advise you thread softly.
Argon Pay is an online payment aggregator allowing Nigerians to accept payment using their Visa and Mastercard. The gateway rely on the global infrastructure of UBA UCollect to process online payment. The company noted that they have partnered with the internationally renowned Stripe and Paypal to process Debit and Credit Card payments. In addition they use Perfectmoney, egopay, bitcoin and okpay for digital currencies.
ArgonPay is essential to receive payments for goods and services on your websites, pages and blogs all over the world. A vast array of payment services is opened up with it, amongst which are currency exchange, receipt and transfer of payments, cheap electronic transfers, withdrawal of funds from your e-wallet into any bank in the world. Transfer of payments to anyone in the world, even if the receiver is not an ArgonPay system account holder.
The global payment systems enabled on ArgonPay by default include:
VISA, Mastercard, PerfectMoney, Okpay, Paypal, Egopay, Webmoney, Bitcoin
Any user can fund his account with any of the following means, and funds can also be withdrawn using any of the above, processed into bank accounts in Africa and worldwide, or withdrawn via Moneygram.
FEATURE RICH API:- Our API is automated both for receiving and transferring of payments. The API can also be customized by you to choose what payment processor to enable or disable (This is beneficial especially if you have already integrated one of the processors built into ArgonPay)
ArgonPay Services Review
We process and charge credit cards quickly and reliably without charging usurious discount rates or transaction fees. We allow merchants to process Visa, MasterCard, Paypal, Perfectmoney, bitcoin, Egopay and other typical forms of payment at fair rates. Authorizing payments should happen in the background, leaving you free to address the logistics of day-to-day business.
ArgonPay integrate smoothly with merchant accounts, security requirements and banking procedures.
eCommerce and Site Integration
ArgonPay integrate smoothly with typical shopping cart software. We offer the assistance of programmers and IT specialists to get you set up. An effective merchant account allows you to quickly configure automated billing, recurrent billing, subscription and other value-added services.
Merchant Account Features
Keeping tabs on customer information and transactions is just as important as generating new leads. We keep an eye on our users accounts, maintain security requirements and banking procedures.
Configuration, implementation and maintenance of a payment wall, web store or shopping cart can be a challenge for even the most IT-savvy businessperson. A solid and easy-to-contact support network is a necessity we have in place so that you are not left in the lurch.
ediaro.com, a Proudly Nigerian, Truly International company has established itself as a industry leading ecommerce website development company. Our highly professional and flexible ecommerce platforms enables businesses to easily build and manage rich, multi-store and multi-device ecommerce websites with a significantly higher ROI. ediaro.com is trusted by leading National brands including Arts of Nigeria, Makinde Motors, Rosehill Group, Chartered Institute Customer Relationship Management (CICRM), Asokoro Island Limited, Association of Environmental Impact of Nigeria, and other companies worldwide – see our customer testimonials here.
ediaro.com professional website designers and web developers provides integrated ecommerce (online store) site development, website development, website redevelopment, web hosting, domain registration, Secured Socket Layer (SSL) support and installation, Online payment Integration to your website. We have designed some affordable packages based on customers request to make begining y our project easier.
Our Digital payments & collections services are complimentary, we help organisations with receiveing payments online and Bank branch (you can receive payment from all Nigeria commercial banks and some microfinance banks),Online, ATM, Mobile APP and others in Nigeria. To cut bank charges, minimise leakages, reduce waste of management time and improve profitability, you can also enjoy cheaper/lower bank charges when you pay your staff salaries, suppliers, affiliates, partners, distributors etc) – making use of services such as AUTOPAY, PAYDIRECT Bank Branch & Web, WEBPAY and other relevant digital payment solutions to run a successful business.
Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc, Interswitch Limited and United Bank for Africa Plc among others have signed agreement with us, so we can help you facilitate and fast-track the setup process FREE if you desire, click here to contact us.
If your concept is a means of making continuous residual income thru online membership website, ediaro eMembership is a custom built solution that manages online membership registration, members records, renewal (email & SMS alert),restrict contents access,ecommerce,hotel & event booking,donation,card payment, forum etc.It is designed to compliment existing professional associations, clubs and society process to make them successfull or work as a standalone online membership site.
It all starts with the quality infrastructure – ediaro.com partners with some of the best, tested and trusted companies across the globe to provide you with the reliability and performance needed for ecommerce store. Our ecommerce web servers support many merchant account services. You can even get a great deal by buying service packages directly from us. And, if you ever require support, our team of skilled technicians are available to assist when you need them.
To develop or re-develop a website to accept online payment, contact ediaro TEAM today to setup your business, Club and Society or Company ecommerce website for you and start accepting payment online realtime. Click here to request a website price Quote, visit our webcentre, email email@example.com or call (+234) 080-9502-9999 for more information.
Share this with your family and friends – simply click on the logo of your preferred social network below to share.
About ediaro. com
For over 5 years ediaro.com (a member of Fladio International Nigeria Limited) has provided web solutions and advertising for public and private sectors. Our main division is Computer and Information Technology. Thanks to our flexible approach towards the development of new solutions, we have often been at the inception of digital revolution and incorporating the most recent technologies. When you partner with ediaro.com, you are associating with one of Africa's best company for your ICT needs, we are the 1st Nigerian Company listed on the Economic Community for West African States (ECOWAS) ECOBIZ computer session in 2010. Focusing on quality, reliability and design of our products and services has brought us customers and partnership with local and Multinational Companies such as United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA), Interswitch Limited, Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc among others. Our current customer portfolio covers individuals, companies and Government agencies across the globe including Nigeria, India, United Kingdom, Mozambique and United States of America.