World Bank Young Professionals Program (YPP)
World Bank Young Professionals Program (YPP)
World Bank Young Professionals Program (YPP) is a starting point for an exciting career in the World Bank.
It is a unique opportunity for young people who have both a passion for international development and the potential to become future global leaders. The Program is designed for highly qualified and motivated individuals skilled in areas relevant to the World Bank’s operations such as, economics, finance, education, public health, social sciences, engineering, urban planning, and natural resource management.
In order to be competitive for this highly selective program, candidates need to demonstrate a commitment to development, proven academic success, professional achievement, and leadership capability. We value diversity in our workplace, and encourage qualified men and women with diverse professional, academic and cultural backgrounds to apply.
Since its inception, the YP Program has hired over 1,500 people who now hold position ranging from entry-level to vice presidents and managing directors. It is a unique opportunity to experience development and gain exposure to the World Bank’s operations and policies.
World Bank Young Professionals Program (YPP) 2012
The following are minimum requirements to be eligible for the Young Professionals Program.
- Be 32 years of age or younger
- Have a Master’s degree or equivalent
- Be fluent in English
- Be fully proficient in one or more of the Bank’s working languages: Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish
- Specialize in a field relevant to the World Bank’s operations such as economics, finance, education, public health, social sciences, engineering, urban planning, and natural resource management
- Have at least 3 years of relevant experience at the policy level or continued academic study at the doctoral level.
In order to be competitive for the limited number of positions, a combination of the following credentials is highly desirable:
- Display a commitment and passion for international development
- Possess outstanding academic credentials
- Exhibit excellent client engagement and team leadership skills
- Have international development country experience
- Be motivated to relocate and undertake country assignments
Please note that the Young Professionals Program does not recruit individuals with degrees in disciplines such as: Computer Science, HR, Accounting, Marketing, Law and Linguistics unless they are combined with other relevant degrees that are listed above.
Online applications are accepted annually between May 1 and June 30th
Note: some applicants experienced a technical issue with the online application form. This issue is currently being worked on and we expect to be able to accept applications within the next 48 hours. Our apologies for the inconvenience. Thank You,
Before You Apply
You meet the minimum requirements for eligibility before completing your application to the Young Professionals Program
You have all the information at hand including key dates and an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) your application is complete.
Please use the checklist below to make the online application process easier. Upon applying, you will be asked to register for an account and provide an email address. Note that you must complete your application in a single session – you cannot save an application in progress and can only submit a completed application.
- Answer all questions completely – please note that you must answer all questions marked with an asterisk (*) as they are required fields
- Provide the most current contact information. This information should be valid for a period of one year. In case your contact information changes during the selection process, please email us the updated data
- Ensure that you have correctly spelled out your e-mail address, since this will be our main source of communication with you regarding your candidacy
- Remember to enter your complete phone number (country code + city code + number)
- After you answer all the questions, attach your detailed CV or Resume in English. Please note that the attached CV should not be password protected
- Bear in mind that only your first application will be considered for the Program.
- Once you submit your application, you will not be able to make any further changes/updates.
- Applicants are asked not to contact the Program or Bank staff for information on their application status
30th June, 2012
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
You can share this with your family and friends via social networks easily by clicking of the logo of: Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Google Plus below.